Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Altered Art - Mini Notebook

Split Coast Stampers DSS Challenge: "create something with a traditional school supply".  My secret sister likes pink so I pulled out some Close to My Heart Day Dream Backgrounds and Textures papers I have in my stash to make her this Altered Mini-notebook.




Supplies
CTMH paper packet Day Dream
CTMH stamp set from the Triple Play bonus pack (available thru September 2010) - see my CTMH website: Stampmyart - for more information

Cricut Cartridge (my new favorite of the moment): Wall Décor and More
CTMH White Daisy Ric rac and Blush Ric rac
CTMH arrow embellishment
Decorative gems in pink and flower
Binder Clip
Stickles Glitter Glue Distress Stickles: Worn Lipstick and Broken China
ATG and adhesive
Xyron

1. Measure and cut papers to fit the notebook and attached them with ATG or strong adhesive.
2. Apply Stickles to the binder clip so it can dry.  Apply the two different colors one at a time letting them dry in between.
3. Stamp images in desired locations
4. Cut the butterfly (page 29).
5. Now for some fun....put the butterfly through the Xyron 2 times.  Once on the front and once on the back.  Remove the protective backing from the side used as the front. Pour glitter all over.  Then, gently rub in the glitter -- it sticks like a charm! :)
6. Remove the backing and place the butterfly into desired position.
7. Add embellishments.
8. When binder clip is dry tie some blush and white ric rac in a knot, trim and then put binder on notebook to hold closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails