Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time to Laugh at me or cry with me - top this (please) and tell me your story!

So.... have you ever thought you did what you needed to do -- and then it turns out you didn't, only you find out the hard way after it's all done and too late to fix????

Well, that'd be what I did this past weekend.  I guess it was just bound to be one of those days.  You know, the one everyone has...where it seems nothing goes the way it's supposed to go -- as if anything is ever actually "supposed" to go any specific way (LOL).  I mean do we really think we are in control of the way things are "supposed" to be?? hahahaa.... It's one of those days where you just have to accept that sometimes life has a different plan.

Soooooo, my Saturday started off fine; really it did.  I was doing good for time, no rush.  Well, at least it didn't start out that way.  I head out towards my destination, supplies packed and ready to go.

I placed a large 5 gallon container of icy Lemonade in the back of our Land Cruiser, it didn't fit in the front -- or maybe I just didn't try hard enough. Anyway, I placed a small soft sided crate next to it and a blanket pushed up against the other side. The last 2 sides were cushioned by the Land Cruiser -- against the side wall and tailgate area.  Sounds like a good plan right?  Nope! I made it 5 miles when I realized I forgot something at home -- so, I turned around and headed back home.  I should have left the forgotten items. Now, I'm making myself late and ....then, when I least expect it, a sound I didn't want to hear....crash, mpop, sloosh, slosh, kushh...more kushhhing as the ice continues to purge forward along with the remaining 5 gallons of liquid.  It's one of those moments where you  cringe as you realize what just occurred and there's not a thing you can do about it.  If I continue to slow down so I can stop, I know the liquid will continue its journey forward, if i don't stop -- same result since I'm headed down a hill.

I am now in the process of cleaning 5 gallons of lemonade from the entire back middle and front of our Landcruiser.  Yup, that's FIVE gallons of liquid with sugar!

When we opened the door liquid came pouring out....and that's after the carpet absorbed a lot.




 This is the front -- it came from alllllll the way in the back of the vehicle to the very front.


***Update -- Land Cruiser torn all apart, scrubbed furiously and now all back together again. Yay!  On the positive side, it did get an inside detail, hahahaha.

1 comment:

  1. OH NO!!! I swear we need to get seatbelts for the things we carry! It never fails - however I place the gals. of milk and bread, the milk always ends up ON the bread....Yours was much much worse than that tho. Glad it all got cleaned up, sorry it had to be you!
    Hope you've had alot of better weekends since! *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails