Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Autumn Table Decor - CTMH Olivia papers

Autumn




The Close to My Heart Olivia Level 2 papers are perfect for fall decorations.


I made this table top decoration using coasters, my Bind-it-all, Modge Podge, some black acrylic paint, CTMH Ribbons and of course the Close to My Heart Olivia B&T Duos and Cardstock. I also sponged the edges of the letters with New England Ivy Exclusive inks to help them pop from the background. Look at the beautiful detail of the paper.


First, I painted the coasters black with an acrylic paint. Then, I used my Cricut to cut the Olivia B&T papers to fit with a 1/4" border. I also used my Cricut to cut the letters using the Georges and Basic Shapes Cartridge.


I applied the base B&T papers with the Modge Podge and then coated them with the Modge Podge to protect them from the environment. I applied the letters of "AUTUMN" using another coating of Modge Podge. I then applied a final coating of Modge Podge and let dry overnight.


Next, I punched with my Bind-it-all and used the 3/4" Antique Brass wire to bind them together.


Finally, I tied a variety of 1/4" CTMH ribbon (grosgrain and organza) on every other wire, alternating the variety of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails