Sunday, November 8, 2009

Joy is Not in Things - Christmas Card


Cards always look so different on film or in a picture than in person. It seems no matter what light you take them in they have a life of their own once on film, LOL. You can try to get the warmth of the card, the sparkle or glitz, but it just isn't the same as seeing it in person. The challenge comes in trying to get the image clear yet still show the sparkle from the glitter -- trade off and you get a little of both under some strange or weird lighting, (LOL), but at least it doesn't seem to have washed out the color on this one too much.

For this card I used a 5" x 6.5" card base which I sponged the top inch using a dauber duo with CTMH's Topiary Exclusive Inks. After that, I cut some decorative paper (scraps I had laying around) to 4.5" x 6.5", which I then created the scalloped edge with my corner rounder (remove the shield) and glued to the card base leaving the sponged edge showing at the top.

After that I cut a piece of card stock at 4" x 3" to compliment the Topiary sponged top and glued that closer to the left edge leaving about 1/4" to 5/8" from left edge.

Next, I took the same paper I used for the scalloped part, cut that to 3.5" x 2.75" and glued it to the center of the previous layer.

Then, I took one last piece cut to the same 3.5" x 2.75" dimensions, which I then sponged the edges with the Topiary Exclusive inks before I stamped my card sentiment and image in CTMH's Dutch Blue Exclusive Inks. The Image is from CTMH's Chillin' Stamp set (D1228) - what a cute little bear! The sentiment is from CTMH's Card Chatter - Christmas set (D1388). The thing about Christmas is that often we get so caught up in trying to do it all that we forget the import things...PEOPLE! I just love this card sentiment, the quote is from Richard Wagner. If you can't see the picture well enough to see what it says, it says: Joy is not in things; it's in Us. How very true! After I finished all my stamping and sponging I then glued this to the layered section, placing it a little farther left.

Finally, I created the snowflakes using two different punches, gluing glitter over the entire snowflake surface and using a dimensional pop-dot to place on the right side of the card giving balance, dimension and sparkle. I'm really bad about sparkles. I just love sparkly things, so I try to sneak sparkle in here or there. :)

Have fun making your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails