Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Playing with the Cricut Expression and the Christmas Cheer Cartridge


I really should be doing something else, hahaha...but I couldn't resist. Actually, I do have another project I'm working on, but it's a longer project and I thought I would do something quick in between. If you can call learning new things on the Cricut quick.

Sooooo....I pulled out the Christmas Cheer cartridge for the Cricut and did a little playing around with a few items from the first row plus a few feature keys. Let's see... ...I used the shadow and the blackout feature keys and I used the Santa, the sleigh, and the deer -- then for good measure I did a holly leaf a little later after I realized I needed just a little more something to add to my finished project. The project turned into 3 different cards when I was done. Make sure you have your tweezers if you try this, those little hooves on the deer are really tiny.

The first card I made was the sleigh cut at 4 inches (remember that's height not width) -- actually the deer and the Santa were also cut at 4 inches I only reduced the size for the Holly Leaves.

For the sleigh card, I created the shadow, the sleigh and the overlay. I used CTMH Jingle borders stamp set (D1225) for the deco on the top edge, added a knotted piece of ribbon, and the holly leaves. Then I stamped the cute Grinch saying from CTMH's stamp set Peace on Earth (D1243) just released this fall. I used CTMH Star Spangled Blue Exclusive Inks ink pad.



Deer always seem to come in families -- it's rare you see one by itself; even then there is usually another near by, or just out of eyesight. My deer are not the exception - they are a little family too. So I decided to use the "Being together..." stamp from the CTMH stamp set Card Chatter (D1388). I also used some dimensional dots with 2 different thicknesses to give depth to the card. I used CTMH Pansy Purple Exclusive Inks ink pad, and the Chocolate, Cranberry and Watermelon Exclusive Inks markers to make the faces on the deer.




Finally, the jolly elf himself -- Santa, needed some sparkle! I used the VersaMark ink pad with the CTMH Peace on Earth (D1243) stamp set, plus the embossing pen to create sparkly letters and a little sparkle deco using Winter Wonderland embossing powder. The presents along the bottom are from CTMH Jingle Borders (D1225) stamp set and I used CTMH Outdoor Denim Exclusive Inks ink pad. After adding a few dimensional pop-dots to the back of Santa I was good to go.....


There you go - three quick cards that probably took me less time to make than it did to write about them, LOL. A little layering with the Cricut is an easy thing to do since the Cricut "knows" what to do to make them fit together. Enjoy!

See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails