Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February: Romance, Friendship, Love and Family -- A month of love for all!

February always brings thoughts of romance, hearts and love, but love can be the friendship kind or the family kind too. Don't forget those that may not have a romantic relationship in their life; they still need to feel loved. Here's a simple quick card for February that leaves the hearts behind, but doesn't leave the heart ♥ out of the, "I'm thinking of you today" sentiment.

Supplies
• 2.5"x4.75" Close to My Heart Card Stock, Moonstruck 1293
• 5"x11" Close to My Heart Card Stock, Desert Sand 1273
• 4.5"x5" Close to My Heart Card Stock, Barn Red X5637
• 1"x4.75" Close to My Heart Card Stock, Colonial White 1388
• 5"x5" Close to My Heart Card Stock, Colonial White 1388
• Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks, Moonstruck Z2134
• VersaMark
• Dauber Duo sponge applicator
• Close to My Heart Stamp Set, Love Language D1343
• Close to My Heart Acrylic block size 3X3
• 21" Close to My Heart Grosgrain Ribbon, Cocoa Z1100
• Close to My Heart Embossing Powder, Cocoa Z1246
• Fiskars Dandy Doodles embossing edge punch
• Cuttle Bug Embossing Folder Stylized Flowers
• Pop dots

Directions
1. Fold the Desert Sand in half creating a 5"x5.5" card base; sponge all 4 sides with Moonstruck ink using the dauber duo.
2. Stamp the Bird using VersaMard on the 5"x5" piece of Colonial White CS. Emboss with the CTMH Cocoa embossing powder; cut out (this is the most time consuming piece, you may choose to leave as a square instead and just sponge the edges).
3. Using Moonstruck and dauber duo, sponge the white areas of the tail, wing and comb.
4. Emboss the Barn Red with the Cuttle Bug Stylized Flowers folder, then sponge the edges with Moonstruck. I also sponged the flowers. Attach to the card base (fold at top).
5. Edge punch the Moonstruck CS, set aside.
6. Cut the Cocoa Grosgrain ribbon into 4 pieces -- 1 piece 6" long the other 3 pieces at 5" each. Attach the 6" piece of ribbon to the 1"x4.75" Colonial White CS, hiding the ends on the back. Attach this to the waiting Moonstruck CS. Finally, attach group to left edge of Card base with the decorative edge facing toward the center of the card.
7. Next, use the remaining pieces of ribbon to tie three different knots, trim edges as desired.
8. Now, attach bird with pop-dots. If you like add a sentiment to the front, or just place inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails