Sunday, August 1, 2010

RAK, Cricut Dan, My 1st ever Scrapbook Convention

Today my daughter and I went to our first ever Scrapbook Convention. We decided to use our fair winnings to experience something new and fun for a day.


We walked into the Valley Forge Convention Center in King of Prussia, PA and were lost. Where do we go? What do we do? Who do we pay?


As we were wandering around looking like we needed direction -- a RAK angel appears and asks if we need an entrance band. Yes, we said, where do you find them? Her response...here I have an extra one, I don't want it to go to waste. Then she pointed us in the direction of the information booth for the second one....and like that she was gone. Off into the crowd. I thanked her before she left, but still, words cannot express the thanks for her kindness in reaching out to us. I don't know her name or where she was from, but I want to say thank you again. We really will cherish this!


BUT.... the kindness of scrapbooking strangers does not stop there. We arrived at the information booth to get our tickets and there was another angel. When the sales clerk asked if I had a coupon, I said no, I didn't know there were any -- the woman next to us says to the sales clerk, " I just gave you two -- give one to them." So, we received $3.00 off the price of our ticket. We were blessed with a second angel in less than 5 minutes time. I know I thanked you then, but thank you again. I don't know either of you ladies, but you both made our day so bright it will shine through the week and then some.



Now we are armed with our wrist bands and on a mission to find Cricut Dan, do some make-and-takes, take a class or two, and see what new ideas and things await us.

We really should have set out earlier for this mission of ours. We arrived later in the day, so we were like deer in the lights, too many things to see. -- Oh, where to go??? We wandered around a bit, then realizing we didn't sign-up for classes, went back out to do that -- woo-hoo! there were still some available. Then we went back inside with hour until our first class. We found Cricut Dan. He was busy, so we were going to try to take a picture on the sly, but he caught on and jumped right into the picture.


Then he asked if I wanted one with the hat -- well, sure.... next thing I know, I have one for the photo too. I look silly, but it was a lot of fun. :) Thanks Cricut Dan!



From there we wandered around some more taking in all the neat things, signing-up for a drawing here and there, and then...we came across the neatest make and take -- it was awesome -- it was glittery, it sparkled! If you know me, you know I just love glittery things, heehee. :) I never knew they made Terrifically Tacky Tape in large size -- large enough to cut on your Cricut.


After that, it was time to head off to our respective classes. The people were all very nice. So many of the people there said they've been coming for years. Wow, I'm feeling very much in the dark, LOL. We really need to get with the program, hahaha. :) The reason we even found out about the event was because we wanted to find Cricut Dan, LOL. We had a fun day. I think we'll be back next year, but this time we might actually know in advance so we can register for classes and things ahead of time, and go for more than 5 hours (grin). Hope to see you there! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails