Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ariel Center piece & Sebastian with my Cricut

Here is a project I just recently finished...A themed table using my Cricut and a few other things.

I made the center piece with a clear planter, some blue sand (3 bags full), a multiple shades of blue tones candle, and some shells (all bought at Michaels Craft Store). Then I created Ariel with my Cricut (Dreams Come True cartridge) and CTMH papers, stickles, and some Martha Stewart's glitter.

I even had some fun making the fake drink with some imitation water (that I mixed some food coloring, that was fun to get the layers right, LOL) and fake ice cubes.



Ariel is made from CTMH papers, except for the eyes, which I didn't like how they turned out, so I took a white gel pen and colored in her eyes, then CTMH Star Spangled Blue Exclusive Marker for the colored part of her eyes... I used two shades of of green for her tail (New England Ivy & Clover Meadow), then used two colors of Glitter. Boy were those lips tiny. :)


I used three shades of red (Cranberry, & Tulip) for our Friend Sebastian... here he is holding the menu...

I used CTMH papers and the Cricut (Dreams Come True cartridge) to make the menu as well... I also tore the paper and sponged the edges to make it look worn and used some stickles for the glitter on the flowers and shell.


We had a lot of fun coming up with the idea for what to have for our meal...

Here is what our menu says:
For your starter this evening you will enjoy Sebastian’s fresh Seaweed Salad made of dried Wakame Seaweed, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ground white sesame seeds with a garnish of starfish.

You will find a beautiful array of colors in your beverage this evening as you enjoy Flounder’s virgin Sunset Cocktail – a bright mix of Lemon-lime soda with fresh squeezed orange juice and a splash of grenadine, topped with a fresh fruit garnish.

Enjoy our signature entrée of Coconut Shrimp served with a Mushroom Herb Risotto, Sweet Onion Marmalade, and garnished with a Potato Crisp as your main course.

Finally, finish your meal with everyone’s favorite -- Triton's Sweet Temptations, a wonderful Trio of Crème Brûlée, Chocolate Mousse and Praline Petite Choux.

All items are edible, although, there are a couple I'm not sure I would actually want to eat, LOL.

**you can find a close up of the Ariel Name Tag and a link to directions on my blog post: Ariel Name Tag CTMH Veranda

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Job I Love It!!! Where Did You Buy All The supplies For this Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for the delay apparently my email provider has some kind of glitch and wasn't accepting my mail. :/

    The papers and paper flowers are Close to My Heart, the shells, seaweed, sand, candle, glass terrarium, and wire edged ribbon are from Michaels. I used cereal boxes for the base forms for the figures, then layered the coloured CS over that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! I am working on my daughter's 6th birthday party and this will be perfect to decorate the table! Thank you so much for sharing! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your daughter's birthday party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails