Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ariel Name Tag - CTMH Veranda

Ariel Name Tag and Binder Clip Stand
 

Our local Fair is coming next week and every year my daughter and I enter a few of our crafts for fun.  One of the things the Fair does is have a table decorating contest where there is a theme to follow and you have certain guidelines you have to meet.

This year's theme is "A Disney Dinner".  You have to decorate your table based on the theme, invite a specific person and plan a meal as well as decorate the table center piece including table ware.  All items must go with the theme.

We are doing the Little Mermaid.  So, for part of the table we had to have a name tag of our guest.  Today's blog is about the name tag I created using CTMH and Cricut; my two favorite crafting tools.

Ariel's name tag is a 3-dimensional tag using clear plastic or acetate to create a floating feeling -- like being under the sea.

I made the base using a binder clip and Fimo (aka Sculpey), some sand and shells.

I used the CTMH Paper Packet Veranda which is perfect with it's pretty bluish-green and yellow patterned paper and matching and contrasting browns to create the base for the name tag.

The 3 Cricut Cartridges I used are:
Wall Decor and More (I just love the monogram letters on this cartridge) - for the "A"
Accent Essentials for the base shape
Songbird for the "riel"

You can see more pictures and download the full directions with materials necessary here: Ariel Name Tag using CTMH papers and Cricut die cutting machine includes the directions for the binder clip stand.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails