Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Advent Card a day continues - Day 7

Day 7 on our Advent Adventure through the mail.

(I liked the rough look of the bow on the in person version, strange how different it looks in a picture)

You all get to see the cards a little earlier than my daughter as I have to make sure I create them and then send them off in the mail for my her to receive them by the correct day. :

Sooooo, here we are -- up to Monday's card. Shipped off today.

I just love the little Elf set --- so yup, I used it again for today's card. However, there are 4 elves to choose from so we have a different elf this time.

(here is the inside of the card and a close up of the cute little elf)


Supplies:
Close to My Heart Stamp sets:
Merry Pursuits (B1313)
Holiday Jingle (C1371)

Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Ink Pads:
Holiday Red (Z2127)
Cocoa (Z2114)

Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Markers:
Clover Meadow (Z2313)
Citrus Leaf (Z2312)
Hydrangea (Z2329)
Star Spangled Blue (Z2349)
Bamboo (Z2303)
Sunny Yellow (z2352)
Holiday Red (Z2327)
Orange (Z2338)

Close to My Heart Designer Ribbon Rounds - Organza Ribbon in New England Ivy (Z811)

Close to My Heart Card Stock and B&T Duos Papers
Holiday Red CS (1274)
Vanilla Cream CS (x5646)
Chocolate CS (x5643)
Emporium B&T Duos

6.5" x 5" card base (I have a bunch of these I bought at Michaels or A.C. Moore some time ago)
Marvy Uchida Square Punch 1-3/8" opening
Gold decorative wired ribbon (I am using ribbon that I've had hiding around -- I only just last Christmas received my ribbon holder so I can see and use my ribbons, LOL)

Hmmmmm...much harder to describe the card when you have already shipped it off, LOL, but I was a little busy this morning and didn't get a chance to get to the computer. So, if I forget something, just leave me a comment and it will probably jog my memory. :)

Cut the B&T Duo Paper to 6.5" x 5" attach to card base, and then sponge all four sides with the Chocolate ink. Use the Punch to cut opening in top portion of card.

Sponge edges of Holiday Red CS with the Chocolate Ink then glue a length of the organza ribbon wrapping around to the back edges to secure in place and keep the ribbon edges hidden, then glue set to face of card, about 3/8" to 1/2" from the left edge.

Stamp Jingle on the Vanilla Cream CS, attach to the Chocolate CS, then attach both to lower portion of card face (about 3/8" from bottom edge and 1/4" from right side).

With the card closed lightly use a pencil to mark the corners of the window area onto the inside of the card. Open the card and stamp the elf in the area you just marked. Color desired colors.

Attach a bow to the front and you're done! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails