Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Last Christmas Card


I waited to post this card since it's the one I made for my daughter for Christmas day, then things were so busy I never had a chance to get on the computer, LOL. So, now it's late, sorry =( ...but maybe you can use the idea for another holiday or even for next year.

It's a square card with half circle flaps that fold in from all four sides. I created the shape using the Cricut Design Studio, but you could probably do the same by creating a square and then using a circle template on each of the four sides to create the half circles.

I ran two of the side flaps through the Cuttle Bug using the Snowflake embossing folder. I also used the Winter saying embossing folder for the inside on an iridescent Mylar.

The trees are from the Cricut Winter Collection using the layers and cutting off the top loop, then sprinkling with mica chips for snow effect.

The penguin is from Close to My Heart Winter Fun stamp set (C1330), which I used VersaMark ink and then embossed in black before using the water color pen to color the beak, feet, scarf and hat.

When I finished I mounted the whole card on a square piece of Colonial white to off-set all the blue when the card is in the closed position. The trees and the penguin are what make it so the card can stand on its own.

Here's a picture of the inside view; the Mylar looks really neat in person.


Here are a couple more views one from the side of the trees and one from the side of the penguin.



Hope you have fun making your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails