Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sending the Advent Calendar on the Road - Day 5 & 6

So here we are -- day 5 of the new form of Advent calendar -- the kind we send to our kids instead of opening with them, since they have moved on in life and are away at college.

My daughter has her finals the Week of the 14th with her very last final at 4:30 on Friday the 18th...

...So, I will send her a card a day (two on the weekend since there is no mail on Sunday) right up until the day we collect her from her dorm.


Day 5 in the series is this Snowflake card. I just love snowflakes and have collected snowflake items since I can't remember when. I have snowflake stampers, snowflake punches and even snowflake wrapping paper.



Supplies
• Close to My Heart Snowflake Kisses stamp set (CTMH product #C1327)
• Martha Stewart Snowflake around the page punch set
• 3 different size snowflakes punches; I've collected over the years so I don't know if they are still available or not
• Close to My Heart Black Grosgrain Ribbon (CTMH product #Z1101)
• Close to My Heart Bamboo Card Stock (CTMH product #1301)
• Close to My Heart Dutch Blue Card Stock (CTMH product #1241)
• Sparkle snow embossing powder
• Chunky glitter
• glue dots
• adhesive

Cut the Bamboo Card Stock to 5 x 5 and the Dutch Blue to 4 x 4. Punch all the edges of the bamboo using the "around the page" punch set, starting in each of the 4 corners and then the center fold before finishing up on each of the edges. Punch out and emboss or glitter your snowflakes, let dry while you glue your Dutch Blue to the center area of the card. Arrange your snowflakes but don't fasten down until you decide where you want to place the greeting. Use pop dot dimensionals to adhere the snowflakes. Tie ribbon in a knot or bow and attached with glue dots.


Day 6 of the Away-at-College Advent calendar...



Supplies
• Close to My Heart Chocolate Card Stock (X5643) -- cut one piece 6" x 12", score and fold in half; cut a second piece 3"x3"
• Close to My Heart Vanilla Cream Card Stock (X5646) - cut 2.5" x 2.5"
• Left over various green card stock and decorative papers (I've had them a while so I don't even know if they have a name, but are similar in color to the CTMH Key Lime CS) the solid CS cut @ 2"x6" and the decorative paper cut at 5.5"x5.5"
• Ribbon by Chatter Box -- 7" plus 4"
• Close to My Heart Jingle Boarders Stamp Set (D1225) -- for the saying
• Close to My Heart Merry Pursuits Stamp Set (B1313) -- for the elf
• Close to My Heart Citrus Leaf Exclusive Inks Marker ((z2312)
• Close to My Heart Clover Meadow Exclusive Inks Marker (Z2313)
• Close to My Heart Holiday Red Exclusive Inks Marker (Z2327)
• Close to My Heart Bamboo Exclusive Inks Marker (Z2303)
• Close to My Heart Citrus Leaf Exclusive Inks Ink Pad (Z2112)
• Close to My Heart Cocoa Exclusive Inks Ink Pad (Z2114)
• Close to My Heart Ponderosa Pine Exclusive Inks Ink Pad (Z2145)
• Stipple brush
• Fiskars Threading Water Edge punch
• adhesive

Stamp elf on the Vanilla Cream CS and color in features with Exclusive Inks Markers, stipple the edges with the Citrus Leaf. Attach to the smaller chocolate CS. Punch one edge of the decorative green paper with the Threading water edge punch and glue to center of the Chocolate CS card base. Glue the 7" piece of ribbon to the 2"x6" green CS folding the ends behind to hide. Tie the smaller piece of ribbon in a knot around the now attached 7" piece and glue set down towards left edge of card leaving a little decorative paper peek out the side. Glue elf Vanilla/chocolate set in place. Use masking technique to stamp the words from Jingle boarders set below the elf.

The first card I put in a standard A2 envelope, the second one was too big so I had to make an envelope. Remember square cards cost more to mail because there is no specific directionality so they don't go through the postal system automatically. I generally try to use rectangular cards even when mailing square cards. Makes it easier for the post and doesn't cost extra. :)

See you tomorrow for the next card...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails