Friday, December 11, 2009

Sending the Advent Calendar on the Road - Day 13

Today I started in one direction and didn't like how the card was turning out...so as I was moving things around and trying to achieve a specific look, I realized if I remove a card stock here and add an extra wide ribbon there...well, that's all it took to get the card rolling in the right direction.

Sometimes these things come to me as I'm making them. Sometimes they are inspired by another card I've seen or sometimes like today...I think I'm going to do a specific thing, only it turns out it doesn't look the way I thought it should, and I have to make some changes to get back on the right track.

So, on to today's card...




Supplies
5.5"x6" card base
4.5" x 4.5" Close to My Heart Holiday Red CS (1274)
4.25" x 4.25" Close to My Heart Colonial White CS (1388)
Velum
Wide wired seasonal ribbon, edges folded under to match the width of the card
21" of grosgrain ribbon, cut in to three 7" sections
Close to My Heart Holiday Commentary Stamp Set (C1379) - Christmas
Close to My Heart Rustic Flowers Stamp Set (D1186) - large pattern & open flower
Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Holiday Red Ink Pad (z2127)
Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Sunflower Ink Pad (z2150)
Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks White Daisy Ink Pad (z2163)
Close to My Heart Edge Distresser (z1297)
Chalks - medium green
Button
Zots glue Dots
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Adhesive
small clear sparkle


Directions
♥ Glue the Wide ribbon to the top edge or the far right edge of the card using the Terrifically Tacky Tape (this is great for mounting unlike surfaces)
♥ Distress the edges of both the Red and White CS
♥ Stamp the large decorative background with the Sunflower Yellow onto the Colonial White, let dry
♥ Stamp the Large loopy flower on the velum with the White Daisy ink; when dry, cut out around the flower just outside of the inked area (you may have to leave sit for a bit or use a heat tool to speed the process)
♥ Using the medium green chalk, chalk over the yellow you stamped on the Colonial White CS earlier, fuzzing out the edges a bit
♥ Use a glue dot to adhere the button to the flower and another glue dot or two to adhere the flower to the center of the stamped CS.
♥ Stamp Christmas towards the bottom
♥ Glue set to card base
♥ Tie all three ribbon pieces together in one large knot and adhere to card with glue dots
♥ Glue small sparkle to the dot on the "i" in Christmas

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails