Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sending the Advent Calendar on the Road - Day 14

Well, yesterday (Friday, 11 December) was the last day for PSU regular classes, so next week all week is finals week. My daughter's last final ends at 4:30 next Friday --- way to have the very last final, LOL...poor kid -- all her friends will already be gone home when she is still there taking that last final.

As you know these cards are running ahead of schedule by 2 days to account for mail....so we will finish the cards a couple days before she actually finishes classes, just in case any of you are following along and creating your own cards.


So here ya' go on to today's card...Sexy Santa all done with her shopping!

(hard to see the detail with a scanned picture, but the ornament has little diamond sparkle chips and is done in liquid glass, also the fur trim on the girl's dress all glitter)

Today for some reason I went a little pink, heehee... Just pulling out and using up some of my old stash....hmmmm some of it I wonder what I was thinking when I bought it, LOL. I'm glad to finally have my papers organized so that I can actually find them. It makes it much easier to use them up. The more I use the old stuff the more I see why other CTMH consultants are purists on the Close to My Heart Products. Wow! You sure can't beat the quality. I like some of the designs of my older stuff, but then they don't seem as "rich" in color as the CTMH stuff and so I end up using CTMH papers instead of using up my miscellaneous supplies, LOL. Today, I did actually use some other papers mixed in with the CTMH stuff. :) You'll have to click on the image to make it bigger to actually see the glitter effects and the liquid glass...neither show up in the small size.


Supplies
Mostly papers I have around don't know colors or names, sorry
CTMH Jingle Paper Level 2
Close to My Heart Holiday Jingle Stamp Set (C1371) - HoHoHo saying
Close to My Heart Ms. Holiday Cheer (D1374) - for the Shopping gal, this is one of my favorites released this fall
Threading Water edge punch
Close to My Heart Colonial White grosgrain ribbon
Sparkles
White glitter chips (Martha Stewart)
Chalks
Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Holiday Red Stamp Pad
Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Black Stamp Pad
Liquid Glass (one of my all time favorite things to do to create dimension in scrapbooking)
Pop Dots


Directions
◘ Stamp girl, color with chalk, cut out, apply glue with small paint brush add glitter; let dry
◘ Stamp HoHoHo (on CS sponged with the Holiday Red ink around edges and attached to darker CS) and add sparkles to the dots on the ornament, let dry
◘ Edge punch a 1" piece of coordinating paper
◘ Glue main color over entire card base and add a the punched piece
◘ Attach ribbon to the Jingle paper and then glue in the center of the card base
◘ Add the girl with pop dots
◘ Attach the HoHoHo, apply liquid glass

Send off with lots of hugs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails