Sunday, December 6, 2009

Away At College Advent Card Day 8

Here we are up to day 8 of sending a card-a-day to my daughter (in her first year of college at PSU).



Supplies
5.5" x 6" card base
Close to My Heart Chocolate (x5643) CS - 3"x6.5"
Close to My Heart Dutch Blue (1241) CS - 2"x6.5"
Close to My Heart Key Lime (1325) CS - 5/8"x6.5"
Close to My Heart Bamboo (1301) CS - 2.75"x2.75"
Green Dots paper (not from CTMH) - 2"x6.5" & 3"x3"
5/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon 18" (depends on how much tails you want)
Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Cocoa Ink Pad (z2114)
Close to My Heart Winter Wonder Stamp Set (D1241)
Provo Craft Cuttle Bug embossing folder (Divine Swirls)
Fiskars Edge punch/embosser (I will have to find the name of this and update later)
Button
adhesive

Directions
1. Emboss the chocolate paper with the Swirls embossing folder.
2. Edge punch/emboss the longer green dots paper along one side.
3. Adhere the Dutch Blue CS to the card base
4. Adhere the green dots (with the decorative edge) overlapping the Dutch Blue (see picture)
5. Adhere the Key Lime CS on top of that (see picture)
6. Adhere the embossed Chocolate CS matching edges and leaving about 1/8" of Key Lime CS showing
7. Stamp Winter sleds stamp on Bamboo CS, attach to the center of the 3"x3" square of green dots paper, and then attach the set to the lower left side of the card
8. Tie ribbon into a bow and use a glue dot to attach the button to the center of the bow
9. Use a couple glue dots to attach the bow to the upper right side of the card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails