Saturday, December 4, 2010

17 Days of CTMH Christmas Cards - Day 4: Snow Friends

Advent Cards to College Day 4 - 2010

Sending a Christmas card each day my daughter is away at PSU.  We are up to day 4.  She'll be coming home on the 17th, so follow me through each day as I make a new card.  At the end I have a special surprise that I've made for my daughter (so she has somewhere to keep all the cards).  You'll have to wait since I don't want to spoil her surprise. :)

Today's card was inspired by Jeanette Lynton.  I saw this lovely card on the CTMH website and just had to make it for my daughter (well something very similar since I couldn't find the measurements and directions; it's not saying they're not out there somewhere, I was just in a hurry to beat the postal carrier to the mailbox, LOL).




Supplies
CTMH Stamp Sets: Snow Friends (D1244), January Word Puzzle (D1268), & Spot On Backgrounds (D1280)
CTMH CS: White Daisy, Cocoa, Desert Sand, Juniper
CTMH Exclusive Inks: Juniper, Cocoa

CTMH Ribbon: White (Grosgrain) & Hollyhock
CTMH sanding kit
CTMH Brads: Pewter & Basic Collections
CTMH Glitz Stardust Liquid Glitter
Cricut Cartridge: When it's Cold Outside (2009-2010)
Cuttle Bug Embossing Folder: Ice Crystals

From Base up
Card base is 5.5" x 5.5"
Juniper layer is 5.25" x 5.25" and is embossed with the Ice Crystals, then sanded
Desert Sand layer is 5.25" x 3.5"
White Daisy is 5.25" x 1 5/8"
Juniper is 5.25" x 1.25" and is stamped with Juniper using the Spot On Backgrounds
Cocoa Layer is 2.75" x 2.75"
Daisy White Layer is 2.5" x 2.5 and is stamped in Cocoa with the Snow Friends and sponged with Coca, color as desired.
Use Cricut to cut snowflakes.  Attach snowflakes with the brads and put two brads on the snowman's belly for his buttons, then assemble card as shown.  Finally, apply Glitz to the brads (except the snowman).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a comment! ♥ I so appreciate getting them. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails